Friday, October 6, 2023

Why it took me 3 Attempts & 9 Years to pass CFA Level 2 ?

In this post, you will come to know about my journey of clearing CFA Level 2. Why it took me three attempts and 9 years to qualify level 2 of the CFA Certification Exams? Let’s discuss that.

Lost interest in CFA
The simplest and the easiest explanation is that I had lost all interest in the worth of CFA certification in my profile. I was into teaching. I was teaching physics. My career was not in finance. That is a big reason.

Apart from that, my 2 failed attempts were also characterised by my inefficiency or deficiency in the way of studying for this exam.

Schweser:
First inefficiency was complete reliance on schweser. Schweser is a CFA Institute Prep Provider. I completely relied on schweser for all the preparation and that is a suboptimal strategy. Schweser must only be referred for Revision and that too in the initial stages of the preparation because revision comes in two-three stages. There are stages of revision. The initial revision has to be done through schweser.

Problem Solving:
The second inefficiency from my side was solving a lot of problems. I practiced a lot of problems without understanding the concepts, that is not going to help you. Internalising the concepts and solving a lot of problems, both are needed. You cannot skip either of them.

Read a lot:
Third inefficiency was trying to read everything and remember everything of the CFA curriculum. My attempt to remember everything which was written in the CFA curriculum was a big mistake from my side. That is humanly not possible. The better approach is to get the essence of whatever is written because CFA curriculum is designed for people coming from different walks of life and all of them want to get into finance with the help of CFA certification. You need to cover each and everything written and prepare your concepts according to the type of questions which CFA is going to ask you.

So, before you get into the CFA program, try to get motivated for the program. If you are not having any worth or value for the certification, you will ultimately fumble. Even if you do not commit any kind of mistake in preparation, your lack of motivation will always be a hindrance.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment